The Student visa (subclass 500) allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years for the purpose of full-time study at an educational institution, in line with your enrolment.
Stay: Up to 5 years and in line with your enrollment.
Cost: From AUD620, unless exempt.
Processing times: vary
· participate in an eligible course of study
· bring family members to Australia with you
· apply online in or outside Australia
· be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
· hold an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories
· must be 6 years or older
· prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18
· If in Australia you must hold an eligible substantive visa. See, ‘Have this Visa if applying while in Australia” in Eligibility Tab.
· A substantive visa ceases to be in effect if another substantive visa is granted
· Applications are received Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) (or Australian Eastern daylight standard time (AEDST) when applicable)