Australia is a country with a worldwide reputation as a first-class education provider. Over 300,000 students come to Australia annually from all over the world.
Student Visa Information – Subclass 500
- You can stay up to 5 years with the possibility of staying longer after your course has finished with the Graduate Skilled Post Study Work Visa;
- There is NO UPPER AGE LIMIT for this visa;
- You can work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts*;
- You can bring your spouse and any dependent children. Furthermore, your family can also work up to 40 hours per fortnight once your course starts*;
- You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid;
A student’s eligibility will be determined by the student’s chosen education provider and the country of citizenship held. This will then determine the level of English language and financial capacity requirements that the student must comply with at the time of their visa application.
- As per their evidence level, international students must:
- Be enrolled at an eligible education provider;
- Genuinely intend to study in Australia on a temporary basis;
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements unless exempt;
- Be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of the intended stay in Australia; and
- Have genuine access to sufficient funds to cover return airfares, full tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia. You must also be able to cover the costs associated with any dependent applicants included in the student visa application.