Hi, How Can We Help You?

Partner Visa

Spouse Visas (Subclass 820/801 & 309/100)


A Spouse Visa may be suitable for you if you are currently in a relationship with an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, and hope to live in Australia with your partner.


To be eligible, it is necessary for all applicants to prove that their relationship is genuine and continuing. Financial commitment, social acceptance, emotional support and the nature of the household, are ways of demonstrating this.


A temporary visa may be granted while the decision is made on your permanent visa. A permanent visa may be granted, if the relationship is still ongoing 2 years after applying for the Spouse Visa. In particular circumstances, you may be eligible for the permanent visa directly. This will greatly depend on the establishment of a long term relationship or having children.



The spouse Visa will grant you a temporary residency visa.

  • Stay in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa.
  • Work in Australia;
  • Study in Australia, but with no access to government funding;
  • Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.